Friday, August 2, 2013

Entry 11

Click on the picture link to read more wonderful snippets of fantasy and science-fiction! 


(Oh, and if you think it's frustrating reading bits of a story in 10 sentence increments, try WRITING the story that way.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 11
I write this from memory as I was, obviously, unable to type out an entry as events were occurring.  At some point after my last writing, I fell unconscious.   I remember the over-head lights hurting my eyes but being unable to adjust them.  I remember racking coughs and sweat-soaked sheets.

I remember her.

I thought she was an illusion, a conjuring of my dying brain. Fevers, as I well know, induce swelling of cerebral tissues and make synapses fire irregularly, causing hallucinations.  These typically precede death by the space of a few hours.

But I didn't die, and she wasn't a fever dream.

I am prisoner 1138 but my name is Abraham bin Navi

No comments:

Post a Comment