Friday, August 10, 2012

SFF Saturday 8-11-2012

Go read the really great authors who post every week at  http://scififansat.blogspot.com/ !

This is from the first chapter to the third book in the "Dremiks" series.  I hope you like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cassandra Ruger walked into her examining room to find Maggie had stripped down to a tight fitting tank top and was gently prodding an open slash down her right bicep. The doctor gasped, “Maggie this really isn’t the best time--how did you do that to yourself?”

“What do you mean not the best time? And I didn’t do it to myself, obviously. It bloody well hurts and I don’t want it to get infected.” Maggie looked over her shoulder to see her friend, then paled from her bloody arm all the way to the tip of her bright red hair.

Commodore of the Fleet, Brett Hill, stood in the doorway between Dr. Ruger’s office and the examining room. He was staring at her with the same frank, assessing, look he'd used the last time they'd seen each other. His eyes paused on the gaping wound, traveled to her barely clad chest, and then up to her face. “Good afternoon, Commander."

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure we're going to enjoy finding out how this happened... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... just how did she get that slash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in how she got the gash, but I really want to know how the rest of this scene unfolds. I love the humor of this. Well-written snippet!

    ReplyDelete