Saturday, September 8, 2012

KBR "Best Indie Books of 2012" Finalist

Not long after I released Dremiks, I stumbled upon The Kindle Book Review.  They had several advertising options, offered reviews of indie books, and were taking submissions for a contest.  I didn't have the money for the advertising, and didn't yet meet their requirements for review requests, but I took a chance and entered the contest.

In July, Jeff Bennington and his talented review team picked as semi-finalists 25 books from each category.  Since that day, The Kindle Book Review has been faithfully Tweeting, Facebook posting, and reviewing the books chosen to be semi-finalists.

August 2nd, my husband broke his leg in three places, playing Ultimate Frisbee, of all things. On Friday, August 31st, Paragon Studios closed it's doors, laying off the entire staff, including my husband, a talented game producer with eleven years experience in the industry.  The very next day, September 1st, I stopped to check my email before I went to run errands and got another shock:

"Dremiks", my first published novel, had made the Top 5 Finalists in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category.

I was--AM-- blown away by this honor.  The other books in the finals are great reads by very talented authors.  I encourage you to follow the links in this post and then buy every single one of the books that made the semi-finals and finals.

For all of you who have purchased "Dremiks", recommended it to your friends, and reviewed it: Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment