Friday, January 11, 2013

SFF Saturday 1-12-2013

See the pretty picture?  Click on it, go read some great new fiction.
Prisoner 1138's journal continues....
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Entry 7

I often wonder if they are watching me.  I know this insidious little device in my wrist monitors my heart rate and oxygen level, as well as providing a rudimentary tracking device,--so do my jailers need remote cameras to track my every movement?  My cell was originally a small break room for Lunar Colony miners; therefore, I assume they didn't go through the expense of wiring cameras and motion detectors before locking me in here.  As their continuing policy seems to be "throw him in a hole and hope the world forgets he's there (and what he's done in our name)", I am  more and more convinced that there is no note-taking watcher on the other side of these reinforced walls.

I'm bored, though, and have devised a series of experiments to test my hypothesis.  I shall provide an update on these tests in my next entry.
 
My designation is Prisoner 1138, but my name is Abraham bin Navi

14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see his experiments. My snippet is over on my website as usual. I have to stop forgetting to add my name to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing boundaries...one of the classic traits derived from childhood. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our own worst enemy - ourselves. I like that he really doesn't know how secure his cell is and I definitely would like to see what tests he has planned. Great Snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "and what he's done in our name"

    The plot thickens even more! Can't wait to see what his experiments are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A series of tests. I wonder what they are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the personality and delivery of this character. I'm looking forward to the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it'll keep him occupied at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. Intrigued about these tests, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you leave someone alone for a long enough time, they're going to get up to something. And rightfully so. Definitely interested in seeing what his experiments are, but even more so: what they result in. I want to know more about his jailers. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If there wasn't food appearing, I'd imagine him abandoned.

    ReplyDelete