Friday, July 6, 2012

Science-Fiction/Fantasy Saturday 7-7-2012

Welcome back to another 10 sentence snippet for SFF Saturday.  I hope long-time readers will find this blog version easier to read and comment upon.  If you've already read "Dremiks", this week's offering will be very familiar*; so, please feel free to read lots of new material from the other great authors at : http://scififansat.blogspot.com/2012/07/sffs-07072012.html
If you haven't read "Dremiks", what are you waiting for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie crouched underneath the panel system of the pilots’ flight simulator, her curses varying in volume from whispers to loud tirades. She was aware of, and further infuriated by, Swede’s lack of concern over her ire. To both the women present, Swede’s only visible emotion was amusement. Maggie crab-walked from underneath the panel. She had to twist at her waist to raise her shoulders past the seat edge and then twist again to stand fully upright.

“From a medical stand-point, Maggie, the human body really isn’t designed to contort that way.”

The commander rolled her shoulders to work out a kink, then shot a withering look at her roommate as she collapsed into the mock-up pilot’s chair. “Well, the engineers who designed this piece of crap didn’t have human physical limitations in mind—as usual.”

Swede placed a screwdriver in her out-stretched hand. “In all fairness, ma’am, the same engineers who designed this also designed a robot to fix it.”


* Snippet varies from the published version of "Dremiks" in order to meet the 10 sentence limitation of SFF Saturday.

19 comments:

  1. Heh...always find out too late about the robots that could have done the job for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to appreciate the innate bravery of a man who would remind Maggie of a fact like that right after handing her a heavy screwdriver!

      Delete

    2. Mark from Boulder windshield, Last year I broke up with my girlfriend due to many misunderstandings and I remember very well how hard I had to fight to get her back. She changed her number, changed her job so that I don’t visit her office and none of her friends would give me any information about her. The only thing I could do was to go where she stayed but that was way too risky looking at the fact that her parents were very strict and she had three elder brothers and none of them would tolerate a guy who has hurt her sister. I still took my chances, so i looked for a way to get her back then a friend recommended me to contact prophetharry@ymail.com that he will help me and as my friend said prophet harry helped me to bring back my girlfriend just in 3 days Now I have her back and this is the biggest joy of my life
      MarkRaven

      Delete
  2. The dialogue between the two is grew; it's good banter. They bounce off of each other well and it makes for an amusing read. And your details make it easy to see her body twisting around to get into the right position. We've all been in a position like that and the last thing you need it someone to point out the easy way it COULD have been done. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. My wife and I split up over two years ago, and I have tried many different spells from almost every place locally as well as online and none of them worked. I had almost given up hope until I found this man prophetharry@ymail.com on line.how he helped many people to get back their lover so I ordered a reunite love spell to help my ex wife forgive me for the mistakes that I made with an old girl friend. I also purchased a marriage spell so that we could get married again. I was floored that both spells worked within 3days.
      victor Mandel






      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't think R2D2 can bend over like that.

      Delete
  4. Great snippet! I LOVE this book! It's so good I want to read it slowly because I don't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're enjoying it. Please take your time, as the sequel is taking FOREVER to write.

      Delete


    2. This is my testimony, prophetharry@ymail. com is the greatest spell caster on the internet, i stumbled on his email address few days ago, so i emailed him about my condition and how my lover left me. He told me it would take 3days to get my ex back to me, my ex was with another girl, so after prophetharry did a reunion love spell. my ex called me 3 days after the work. He spoke to me nicely, asking me if we could try things out again. He broke up with the other girl and came back to me
      Magdalena

      Delete
  5. Oh, no! You man all that contorting wasn't necessary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it turns out it actually WAS necessary, as the Hudson didn't get the full allocation of repair bots.

      Delete
  6. Nice snippet and dialogue!! I suppose I should get cracking and get Dremiks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time, I still haven't read your books. (They're on the list!)

      Delete
  7. Sometimes you just want to do the job yourself instead of having a robot do the work for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, although Maggie did try to pawn the job off on Lt. Price!

      Delete
  8. Love the dialog and the relationship between these two!

    ReplyDelete