Friday, July 13, 2012

SFF Saturday 7-14-2012

For SFF Saturday this week I've posted a snippet from my work-in-progress, Lilly's story.  Be sure to read all the great entries from other authors at : http://scififansat.blogspot.com/2012/07/sffs-14072012.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Painfully pitched squeals from a sensor board jerked Lilly from her thoughts. Her Dremikian pilots began chirping and twittering to each other so rapidly that Lilly lost track of their conversation.  The first two times this had happened she’d nearly soiled her pants.  This time, she just rolled her eyes and tried to block out the obnoxious alarms.
Worst pilots ever.  Lilly had been on precisely two space flights before this trip, and neither of those had included a jump, but she felt confident in her assessment.  The two aliens were alarmists who were constantly surprised by such mundane things as the end of a pre-determined jump conduit.

9 comments:

  1. I love where this was going. Great character in Lilly. Love the humor (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she didn't soil her pants again...hehe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to hand it to Lilly. I don't think I could follow the pilots' conversation at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really don't inspire confidence! LOL! I love the humor in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the humor in this, too. It's well written and the interaction between her and the pilots and her thoughts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the kind of pilots that end up in someone's locker somewhere!! Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun. Her pilots are a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit flying turns me into an alarmist! 86 flights in Super Pumas and it never changed!! funny snippet!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete