Friday, October 12, 2012

SFF Saturday 10-13-2012

For more information about my new project for SFFSaturday, please read here.  Please, also, be sure to read all of the other entries for this week by visiting http://scififansat.blogspot.com/2012/10/sffs-13102012.html .  Pay special attention to the work of Sue Ann Bowling whose serialized "Jarn's Journal" made me realize that such a concept could be successful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 1

I cannot date these entries. I have no idea how many days I’ve been here or what day it is. Lunar orbit is counter-intuitive to my human brain and I never really paid attention in astronomy classes. In the end it does not matter how long I’ve been here, for there is no calendar-set end-date to my captivity. I’m here until I die. Or until the dumbasses on Earth kill each other off. In which case, I’d probably starve to death or asphyxiate inside this damned prison. I should investigate operational systems more closely—plan for Armageddon contingencies. This is my first letter to my future-self, a reminder of my sanity before the isolation and alien nature of my incarceration take the last bit of my soul.

My prisoner designation is 1138, but my name is Abraham bin Navi.

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting concept...will be fun to see how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this does sound good! I likey!! Keep going.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, now this is an interesting start to a story! I do love diary-formatted stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether she knows it or not, Sue's influence is quite far-reaching. She has influenced my current SFFSat snippet series, too.

    I am intrigued by the premise you have established. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Sue's entries as well. This is a nice take on that same format. Much darker with a much more contemporary feel; I can tell the journalist has a wry sense of humor and I look forward to seeing them work out this seemingly hopeless situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I had commented earlier, but I can't find it. Are you ging to post the snippets together somewhere? Back stories are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, I am really intrigued to see where this goes. Lovely bit of work!

    ReplyDelete