Friday, October 19, 2012

SFF Saturday 10-20-2012

For more about Prisoner 1138, read here.
For many more forays (by very intelligent people) into the weird, the fantastical, and the universe at large, visit the main SFF Saturday page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 2

I'm wondering if writing these notes to my future self makes sense.  If I've lost my sanity, and my soul, to such an extent that I need typed words to remind me what is real, will I actually be able to comprehend the words?  Maybe I should call these "Letters FOR my sanity".  Talking to someone, or writing to someone--even my future self-- is all I really have to do.  I could make longer entries, but the tablet battery life is very short.  I spend three hours running in circles just to recharge it after 15 minutes of power. They didn't approve my requisition for paper and pencil, so I'm stuck with this crappy tablet.  Should count my blessings, meager that they be, and be thankful that I'm not left etching each word into the metal walls. I miss my gadgets, damn it.

I am prisoner 1138, but my name is Abraham bin Navi

13 comments:

  1. 15 minutes of battery life?? I shall never moan about the lap-top again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still intrigued by 1138... or should I say Abraham bin Navi. Good snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should come back next year and read the whole thing in its entirety. These little snippets are grrrr....I want more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm willing to be that he's not going to take his gadgets for granted again after this.

    I couldn't help but wonder if his number, 1138, is an homage to George Lucas.

    Impatiently waiting for the next snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sign off for each entry. I'm with TK that these snippets are not near enough. I'd love to know more about this prison and Abraham's conditions and the other prisoners and...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I am looking forward to the next entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least the tablet can be recharged by his energy, and it's forcing him to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a look at http://news.discovery.com/tech/kinetic-charger-121022.html which actually describes the charger he'd need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes writing it down is the only way to get the craziness out of your head. Isn't that what we do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gods, I would go even crazier with only 15 minutes of battery life. And without pen and paper? That's torture!

    Excited to read more about 1138/Abraham.

    ReplyDelete