Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Coping

I am, quite simply, overwhelmed with the amount of "author work" I have on my plate.

--I have an 11 book backlog of reviews to write.  I sincerely want to write thoughtful, insightful, reviews of these books.  I just cannot find the time to sit down at the computer and do it.

--I have 4 half finished books on my Kindle and several more waiting to be started.  At least once every day I think about sitting down and reading for a few hours to finish one of these books.  It never seems to happen.

--Lilly's story, which was supposed to be published by Christmas, doesn't even have a title.  I have several plot points outlined in my head, but woefully little on paper

-- I cannot remember to sign-up for, and then post for, Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday. I've been equally bad about reading all the wonderful work presented each week.  Work, I might add, posted by people I consider honored colleagues.

I have a rash of excuses for why each of these  situations exists, but the excuses really don't matter in the end.  I've got to adjust priorities and complete at least some of these tasks.  I can, after all, afford to miss a few meals and a couple nights (months) of  sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment